Mint Chocolate Chip Paleo Brownies
One of the hardest aspects of transitioning my kids to a Paleo lifestyle has been the absence of kid-approved treats. Well at first anyway. These mint chocolate chip paleo brownies can be made in brownie pans or in muffin cups as cupcakes.
• 4 pastured eggs, room temperature
• 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
• 1 teaspoon mint extract
• 1/4 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
• 1 cup ripe avocado, mashed (about 2 small avocado)
• 1/2 cup high quality cacao powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
• Pinch of sea salt
• 4 tablespoons coconut flour
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
*Optional: Simple Chocolate Paleo Frosting with Mint
1) Preheat oven to 375F
2) Whisk the eggs, adding the butter, mint, maple syrup. Blend in the avocado. In a separate bowl, combine the cacao, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
3) Mix the coconut flour into the eggs until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Spoon brownie batter into a parchment paper lined 8 × 8 pans and bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
5) Cool 20 minutes before serving or icing.