These breakfast meatballs are so tasty and make for the easiest breakfast.
Just make a batch of these on Sunday and then you’ll have them ready for quickly re-heating in the morning the next few days. They are packed with flavor from the bacon and sausage and they bind together well with the shredded parsnip. We eat them with spinach and sour kraut and find it to be great fuel for my mornings! Also, you just mix everything together in a bowl and then bake them for 40 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Makes about 15 meatballs
• 6 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
• 1 lb sausage (we used our breakfast sausage because we freeze it in 1 lb batches so it’s ready to go)
• ½ onion, diced
• 6-8 mushrooms, diced
• 1 medium sized parsnip, shredded
• Sage, 6-8 fresh leaves chopped if you have them or one tablespoon of dried sage
1) Over medium-high heat cook your bacon pieces until they start to get crispy.
2) Remove from heat and place on a paper towel covered plate to cool.
3) Place your sausage in a mixing bowl and set aside.
4) If you are using a food processor, use the grating attachment.
5) Put the onion, mushrooms and parsnip through the food processor. Otherwise, if you are doing it by hand, dice the onion and mushrooms and then grate the parsnip.
6) Add your onion, mushrooms, bacon, sage and parsnip to the mixing bowl with the sausage.
7) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
8) Line a baking sheet with foil.
9) Get your hands dirty. Use them to combine all of the ingredients in your mixing bowl.
10) Form the mixture into oversized golf ball sized balls and place them on the foil lined baking sheet.
11) Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
12) Enjoy these breakfast balls with spinach, kraut and blueberries, or with eggs and spinach.