Paleo Egg Nog Recipe
Though eggnog didn’t start off as a seasonal drink, that’s what it has become, and we are in the high season for it as evidenced by entire aisles filled with egg nog. In fact, you’ve probably been tempted to pick it up at the store, but thought better of it after reading the ingredients list… Sugar Syrup, Corn syrup solids, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Yellow #5, Carrageenan, more weird crap, with natural flavorings and natural nutmeg. Gross.
And if you’re here, I guess that means you’ve decided to give Paleo Egg Nog a go yourself. Well, you’re in luck, because not only is Paleo Egg Nog yummy, it’s also really easy to make. The following is a tried and true recipe for Paleo Egg Nog that you will probably want to make more than once this year, and it doesn’t contain weird stuff! Bonus!
Paleo Egg Nog Ingredients:
- 4 Pasture Raised Eggs Yolks
- 2 ½ Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Can Full-fat Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg (trust me, you want this fresh ground)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- * Optional Vodka (grape or potato based) Al Gusto
Paleo Egg Nog Instructions:
1. Whisk 4 egg yolks in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the rest of the ingredients to a simmer on medium heat for 1 minute, and then reduce heat to low.
3. Take one cup of the almond milk mixture, and add *very* slowly to the egg yolks so as not to cause them to cook, while whisking continuously.
4. Transfer the egg yolk mixture slowly into the saucepan, and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
5. Place the saucepan in a sink full of ice water and stir for an additional 3 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy.
See that was easy! For a thicker Paleo Egg Nog, refrigerate first for 2 hours.