5 Ingredient Flourless Mint Chocolate Paleo Cake
They say bigger is better, but I say that recipes with 5 ingredients or less have much more appeal. With the holidays upon us, I wanted to pull out something extra special so I whipped up a deliciously rich flourless minted chocolate paleo cake. The mint chocolate paleo cake turned out so well that it warranted sharing the recipe. So here it is!
Serve this with raw whipped cream and you’ll have a Christmas party in your mouth — so good! Not only is this great for you or someone with food sensitivities on a Paleo diet, it’s also a great and easy make-ahead dessert – especially since it’s super easy with only five ingredients.
5 Ingredient Flourless Mint Chocolate Paleo Cake:
- 10 TBSP grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp peppermint oil
- 12 oz Certified Paleo Chocolate from Pure7 Chocolate
- Or for an extra zip, try the KETO Certified caffeinated chocolate from AWAKE Chocolate!
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8- or 9-inch cake pan with butter.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate then add in butter until smooth.
- Remove from heat then mix in peppermint oil
- In a stand mixer, beat the eggs and syrup on high for 7-10 minutes, until light and fluffy
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the melted chocolate/mint/ butter mixture until all the chocolate is incorporated.
- Pour into greased cake pan and place the cake pan into a water bath. (A roasting pan or other pan with sides at least 1-1/2 to 2 inches high that is filled halfway with water) Bake for about 45 minutes, until the top begins to look “dull” but isn’t cracking. Remove from oven and cool.
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out below in the comments! I hope you enjoy your Mint Chocolate Paleo Cake!