Caramelized Fig Toast with Coconut Yogurt
Looking for Mother’s Day inspiration? This Paleo Caramelized Fig Toast with Coconut Yogurt recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, and refined sugar-free. It’s guilt free— yet seriously delicious— and great served as a snack or dessert, or even as breakfast-in-bed with a side of orange juice or coffee!
BANANA TOAST INGREDIENTS:
4 ripe Bananas (keep one to put on top)
1 cup Egg Whites (including 2 whole eggs)
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
2-3 tablespoons SweetLeaf Stevia
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup CO YO Natural Coconut Yogurt
1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
1 cup Coconut Flour or Cassava Flour
1 teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
BANANA TOAST DIRECTIONS:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
2. Combine the wet ingredients together in one bowl. In another, combine the dry ingredients.
Then mix the two together into a batter. Slowly fold the walnuts through.
3. Line a 9 x 5-inch rectangular loaf tin with parchment paper, lightly oil the base and sides (with coconut oil) and pour the mixture in. Slice the remaining banana down the middle and place on top of the mixture.
4. Bake for 45 mins at 350º F. It’s ready when it feels bouncy to touch. Let it cool once you’ve taken it out of the oven as it will continue to cook.
5. Slice when cooled, and toast.
Note: Best kept in the fridge for up to 1 week, or you can freeze it and heat it up as you go.
CARAMELIZED FIGS INGREDIENTS
10 sliced Fresh Figs
4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
7 tablespoons CO YO Certified Paleo, Paleo Vegan Yogurt
3 teaspoon Cinnamon Honey (to drizzle)
CARAMELIZED FIGS DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Toss figs in the coconut oil and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
3. Place the figs in the pan, cut side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 2 minutes.
To serve Caramelized Fig Toast with Coconut Yogurt, generously spread toast with COYO; then top with the figs, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of Cinnamon.