Paleo Caramelized Carrot Soup
Paleo Caramelized Carrot Soup features caramelized, roasted carrots and spices to add natural sweetness and flavor to on of your favorite winter-time comfort foods.
Caramelized Carrot Soup Ingredients:
- 4 cups of Peeled Carrots
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Shallot, Minced
- 1 Rib Celery, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Ginger, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Tumeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 Tablespoon Kasandrinos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Juice
- 250 ml Coconut Milk
- 750 ML Vegetable Stalk
- 2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- Crushed Almonds for Garnish
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place carrots on a Baking Sheet, drizzled in one Tablespoon of Olive Oil and 1 Tablespoon of Sea Salt.
- Bake Carrots for 25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked, brown, and caramelized.
- In a large saucepan, saute Garlic, Shallots, Ginger, and Celery on medium heat for 5 minutes in Olive Oil.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the carrots are thoroughly cooked, slice them and put them into the saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the crushed almonds and ground pepper.
- Process in a food blender to smoothen the soup.
- Top with almonds, fresh ground pepper and serve.