Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler
For most Americans, Thanksgiving and Christmas are among the two most significant holidays of the year. Some of us collect recipes just for these very occasions and here is one you should add to the list. This Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler is a festive holiday recipe, that is both a cobbler and a crumble.
While many experts recommend certain baking apples, the apples in this recipe were chosen to be sweeter, and are meant to offset the tartness of the cranberry. This is why this recipe calls for the delicious Arkansas Darks, Empire Apples, Pink Ladies, and Bosc pears.
Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler:
2 – Pink Ladies Apple (Peeled, Cored and sliced)
2 – Empire Apple (Peeled, Cored and sliced)²
2 – Arkansas Black Apples (Peeled, Cored and sliced)²
2 – Bosc Pear (Peeled, Cored and sliced)
1 Cup – Fresh Cranberries (Cooked)
1 Cup – Blonde Palm Sugar³
1 Tsp – Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp – Ground Chinese Cinnamon
¼ Tsp -Ground Star Anise
½ Tsp – Ground Nutmeg
¼ Tsp – Ground Allspice
½ Tsp – Ground Black Pepper
2 Tbsp – Otto’s Cassava Flour
2 Tbsp – Bourbon
Notes¹: If you allow regular sugar, you can substitute with raw cane sugar
Note²: My empire and Arkansas Darks are smaller, so one large would work
Note³: If you allow raw cane sugar, substitute with ½ Cup Raw Cane Sugar
Note¹ª: Depending on if you allow dairy, your choice of vanilla ice cream
Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler Instructions:
1. Heat your oven to 350°F. Single layer your sliced Tigernut on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for a few minutes until golden brown. Stir occasionally. Remove from oven and chopped into smaller oat size pieces.
2. Cook your cranberries in a saucepan over medium heat with ¼ cup water and 2 tbsp honey or sugar. Cook until water is reduced to a syrup.
3. Toss all Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until all fruits are evenly coated. Layer the filling evenly in a 9.5 to 10-inch pie dish.
4. In a clean mixing bowl, mix the crumbler ingredients together with your hands. Once done, sprinkle crumbler evenly over the fruit. Gently press down on the crumbler. Put the Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler in the oven for 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
5. When crumbler is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, remove from the oven. Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream. There you have it, my Paleo Bourbon Apple Cranberry-Pear Crumbler. Until next time, eat up my friends! And let us know in the comments how it turned out for you!